Need Divorce Representation In Miami?
Ada M. Barreto Is Experienced And Compassionate
The Law Office of Ada M. Barreto, P.A. has represented men and women from all walks of life in a broad range of divorce disputes. At our law office, you can find a strong advocate who is committed to helping you move forward from your divorce with strength and peace of mind. Divorce doesn’t have to be complicated, especially when you have legal guidance. We have handled hundreds of divorce and family law cases during our 25-plus years of experience, and we are ready to help you today.
Why Choose Our Miami Attorney?
- We’re backed by over 25 years’ legal experience.
- Consultations are free.
- We offer Spanish-speaking services.
- We are led by a highly rated Avvo lawyer.
Effective Solutions For Divorce
Our Miami lawyers’ mission is to help you remain level-headed so that you can make legally sound and strategic decisions for you and your family. We will work diligently to protect your interests throughout the entire divorce process. We can walk you through each step, including resolving matters relating to:
- Child support – We are skilled at helping clients determine the appropriate support amount based on Florida’s statutory support guidelines. From addressing deviations to the guidelines to modifying support amounts, we can help.
- Child custody and time sharing schedules – Deciding where a child will live, with whom and other important issues regarding the child’s upbringing and care can be complex. Our custody lawyers work hard to deliver effective and creative solutions that make sense to both parties.
- Property division – We have experience evaluating and equitably dividing marital property, including in
- Divorce modification – When you need to modify support or custody due to a relocation or change in income, our team can walk you through the paperwork and legal process.
- Spousal support and alimony – Protect your financial interests after a divorce. Whether you are receiving support or paying support, make sure that the amount is fair to you.
Grounds For Divorce In Florida
Florida does not require a spouse to file for divorce on grounds that are fault-based. Instead, for a spouse to file for divorce in the state, one of the following two reasons can be used:
- Irretrievable breakdown in marriage – This means that there are disputes that cannot be settled and
are serious enough to make the marriage unsupportable.
- Mental incapacity – A spouse can ask for a divorce if the other spouse is deemed mentally ill. This means that the mentally incapacitated spouse must be in that state for three or more years. Furthermore, the filing spouse must send a divorce notice to the other spouse’s nearest blood relative or guardian.
An irretrievable breakdown in marriage is the most common way for couples to file for a no-fault divorce in Florida since “mental incapacity” is a much longer and more complicated process.
The courts do not consider fault-based grounds when approving a divorce, but it might consider fault when deciding on matters such as custody, support, property division, etc.
Is Mediation Right For Your Divorce Case?
Since 2000, our firm’s founder, attorney Ada M. Barreto, has been a certified Florida family law mediator. What does this mean exactly? It means that if you would like to settle your divorce in a more private and cost-effective manner, we can serve as your mediator. Mediated divorces are settled behind closed doors and allow both parties to control how their divorce is settled. However, if you find yourself needing legal representation in a contested divorce, our Miami lawyer has the knowledge and experience to advocate for your interests.
Miami Attorney Dedicated To Protecting Your Best Interests
Filing for divorce can be an emotional roller coaster. Whether you are heading for a contested or uncontested divorce, we can guide you through the whole process and take care of all the paperwork on your behalf. As our client, you can feel peace of mind knowing that your rights and interests will be protected by our lawyer in Miami.